What is Petal Pro?
Petal Pro comes with a beautiful landing page ready to tweak to your brand
We've worked on web applications for over a decade now. PHP, Ruby on Rails, Backbone JS, React, Meteor JS, Ember JS, and now Phoenix. Having built and deployed a number of Phoenix apps into the wild (Crisis Heroes, Travel Massive and Talentbookr) we realised that the
mix phx.newgenerator it produces a very lean web application and leaves a lot of decision-making to the developer.
To the more experienced developer, this can be liberating, however, it's also great to have more of a turnkey solution with a sensible set of defaults that get you fully up and running. A solution that, out of the box provides:
- a component library so you don't have to think too much about the design
- working authentication and user management so users can register and change their settings right away
- admin functionality allowing the basic management of users
- a way of logging user activity so you can see how users use the application
- some email templates that are ready to go and easily editable
- a cheap and reliable email service provider chosen for you (but easily changeable) to send transactional emails
- a CRUD generator that produces a clean and deployable interface
- a way to deploy to production in less than 10 minutes
Having not found the above solution, me and my business partner Nic decided to build it - the result is Petal Pro.